Thursday, July 5, 2012

SANDWICH CITY

Sandwiches are all I want to eat, lately, and that's good because I'm a pretty decent 
sandwich maker.  Here are a couple of barbecue-y, summery ones on English Muffins:

Tofu Bacon Benedict

That's a sprouted wheat English muffin with Sriracha on top and Vegan Hollandaise on the bottom (Vegenaise, mustard, turmeric, garlic and onion powder, lots of lemon juice), with tomato, greens and tofu "bacon" (frozen- then-thawed-tofu, pan-fried with sweet BBQ sauce and mustard).




If you slow-cook a bunch of young green jackfruit (found at any Asian market) with sliced onions and a good smoky sweet sauce, you'll end up with something a lot like pulled pork.
It's true. 
I'm sure this jackfruit can be used in one thousand more ways--don't worry, I'm on it.)

BBQ Pulled "Pork" with Cashew Mayo & Baby Spinach






So....what else shall I make with this jackfruit stuff besides tacos, Thai salad rolls and tuna "salad"...ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment